Thursday, August 25, 2011

Nearly 75% of the bible can be labeled narrative. I had the chance to join a workshop on telling the stories of the bible for the past few days. The focus was telling this majority of the bible to oral (illiterate) people so they can study it the same way we do when reading.
God's timing is cool because last week and (hopefully!) again this weekend we are spending time with young church leaders in Karamoja who are learning these stories for themselves with the intent of sharing with others.  I hope to be able to apply what I've learned to what we are doing with the new believers up north. 
On that note I'd like to ask for prayer again. It has been a really full week with visitors living with us for that workshop. I had not yet unpacked from before and now I'm packing stuff again to head back up. I'm planning on leaving in a few hours and I'm not sure when I'll be back.  

1 comment:

deeps said...

Amazing stuff… not just this post
Your profile, that Quote from Esther, last post….superb…
wish i too could be among those new believers