Monday, August 15, 2011

Power

I need to complain just for a second- I AM SICK OF THIS LOAD SHEDDING AND THESE ROLLING BLACK OUTS!!!!  For more than 6 weeks now every other night the power goes out around sunset and every other day the power goes off an hour or two after sunrise. You can see why it might be a little frustrating. We have to constantly be aware when it is on to be charging everything we'll need (phones, computers, batteries, etc) and doing the things we need to with power on. Our poor fridge/freezer isn't holding up well and I've had a lot of stuff spoil in the last few weeks. (I even served us green meat one night because I couldn't bring myself to throw out a beautiful Kampala steak-but no one got sick and it only tasted a little funny.) The news is reporting that this won't change until at least November, if at all.

O.K., I'm done complaining. I'm happy we have power when we have it and that I don't have to run a generator or make do without ALL the time. I'm happy that practically every day is sunny and I don't have things like a TV, curling iron, washing machine, air conditioner, blow dryer or blender to use anyway. I'm happy that I can predict (mostly) when there isn't going to be power so I can be a little prepared.
On that note I need to get off the computer to conserve the little battery I have left just in case it doesn't come back on tomorrow morning.

No comments: