Monday, August 22, 2011

Tim is sick

Many of you followed my blog when teammate Tim was so sick with septic arthritis and ostemylitis. (A few of those posts here and  here ). Right now he and his family are in the states on home assignment. He has been in the emergency room since Saturday with infection in the opposite knee and they have been told it is spreading. He been on IV abx and isn’t improving so is now getting admitted and will be seen by an infectious disease doc.  
Selfishly, I can't even tell you how happy I am that this is happening while they are there. The thought of treating a teammate for sepsis again here is enough to make me want to pack my bags. But on the other side I feel really bad that they are going through all of this again. Please pray. They have already been in the states longer than they wanted to be and want to be ready to come back here soon. Please pray for their kids who are feeling unsettled. Please pray for Tim who is an otherwise healthy active guy and being stuck in a hospital bed isn't fun for anyone. Please pray for Angie too. Answers and a fast (complete!!) recovery would be wonderful. 

No comments: