Monday, March 24, 2008

Back at work...

Wow, it feels like I've been gone way longer than 6 weeks. Amiodarone and nexium drips (a couple of the easiest, no titration needed) but I didn't miss this stuff at all. Also in charge.... as my co-workers know my least favorite responsibility. Coming back is harder than I though it was going to be. Not because I can't remember my computer passwords or that I have lost all of my time management skills (For those who have been to Africa do you know what I'm talking about? I would ask what time something is, for example church on Sunday morning, and be told après, which means later or after, no after what or how much later, just après. In Africa there is no problem if you show up for something an hour or more late. Waiting is just a way of life.) Anyway, back to my struggle at work. I came home knowing pretty clearly that Village of Hope is not where I'm supposed to be long term but God did solidify that I'm supposed to be working in Africa. I wish I could describe how I know but there was no audible voice or writing on the wall. Just a perfectly clear conviction. So now I'm back to struggling with where, when, and with what organization. Meanwhile, I want to do a good job at work but just can't get my heart back into it. This is really hard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jennifer, It's great to hear all of your tales from Africa. Sounds like an interesting time and I LOVE the picture of the lizard in your box of gloves, that's priceless! I can imagine how hard it must be getting back to work. Hopefully things will get easier! Hope you're doing well, and don't forget to always keep me updated on your Africa ventures!

Big D Photo Girl said...

Jennifer - thanks for opening your heart & sharing your frustrations, etc. Will be keeping you in my prayers as you continue to work through them. Would love to hear more about the trip when you have a chance...

Dana (fr work)