Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Ready


So, I've begun packing, figuring out what I can leave and what has to be washed to wear home. I think I'm mentally ready to go. Honestly, I'm tired of disagreeing with Monsieur Farmer and feeling like we could be doing a much better job with these kids. My mental monologue about doing the best I can with what I've got is about dried up.
Some parts of leaving are hard. These kids need so much that I could do if my hands were not so tied. I'm finally connecting with them a little. It took them so long to open up and now I'm like everyone else and am going to leave them. Far too many have already done this. The adult community is finally starting to accept me a little more too. I think they have realized that I'm not a spy for Lydia. They finally accepted a few of my gifts. Ann I think helped with that by wearing my bra and telling everyone that I gave it to here. (I was clearly using some of the wrong French for that conversation but God used it to good and I have two left so no harm done.) I've finally adjusted to the heat and have no difficulty at 2:00 with the afternoon sun. But oddly enough I'm ready for some macaroni and cheese (you know- something as artificial and full of chemicals as possible.) I need to get someone to confirm my flights so I'm off to find someone who speaks english...

No comments: