Saturday, March 8, 2008

If only I spoke the same language as my cook...

  • We could discuss the difference between the fridge and the freezer.

  • I could ask why she chooses laundry soap for ALL of her washing and bathing needs. (I know my dishes are clean when the soup tastes like tide.)

  • I would understand why I get scolded when I put things like meat in the fridge.

  • We could discuss the theory behind keeping some things covered to keep the lizards out.

  • I could request that she makes my dinner slightly nearer to the time that I will eat it. Though I have no reason to complain- Even though she makes it at 2:00 it is still plenty warm at 6:30.
These are all in jest. Ann is a wonderful woman who does a good job preparing food for me- a picky westerner. She does a great job with the very limited resources that she has and clearly am not starving. (though I am very white!)

No comments: