Sunday, March 16, 2008

Some things I know that I will miss...

As I prepare to leave there are several things that I know that I'll miss....
* My own personal cook and cleaning crew. It took me a little while to get used to being served like this but it was explained to me that they are paid a little to do this so my being here is allowing them to have a little income. I got used to it very quickly.
*Watching the sun rise and set... everyday. There is something very relaxing and reliable about having this part of your daily routine.
* Mangos so ripe they practically drip from the pit. I eat at least one a day, there is nothing like this in Michigan.
* A minimum of 2 hours alone with God everyday. I am really enjoying the complete lack of TV and the myriad of other distractions that I allow in my life at home. I have found that the verse in James 4:8 is so true! (Come near to God and he will come near to you.) One might think, 2 hours! thats nuts. But I can't even begin to describe it. If this is is the only reason that I'm here it is all worth it.
* Fresh, home made chi every morning from the same Santa bowl. For me there is something so perfect about having chi in Africa.
* Being surrounded by such a close knit, Christian community. If only I spoke the language...

No comments: