Monday, March 10, 2008

Random thoughts

These are a taste of some of the thoughts that ran through my head while I was at the clinic the past few days.
  • "OH! What have we here? A lizard in my box of gloves... so can I still use them?"

  • While peeling of a dressing: "I don't remember doing this one recently. I think this was from a week ago....surprise! Infected".

  • "And for you I prescribe shoes... if only."

  • "A 10 year old epidural kit. Great, just what I needed."

  • "No, not more betadine, anything but the betadine! I have some nice sterile water here, or some perxoide. How about some antibiotic ointment?! .... O.K. more betadine. "

  • "A multivitamin for you and a multivitamin for you and a multivitamin for you and a multivitamin ...." 360 times.

  • "So, what shall I do with 40 denture cups?"

  • "Can I/ should I dose percoset to a 7 year old" while having the simultaneous thought "I wonder if I can use the staple gun on this?"

1 comment:

Big D Photo Girl said...

Jennifer...

thank you for sharing those random thoughts! I must admit...they did give me a good dose of the chuckles...something I"ve really needed recently. Even more than that....every time I now grype at work (you know what i'm talking about!), this will be a good reminder to me that we really do have it good, even if it doesn't seem so while in the moment!

You're a lifesaver!

Dana (from work...)

PS miss seeing your smiley face around...even if it's at the end of a LONG night for you!!!