Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Doing odd jobs


The guys have been working hard on a variety of things. I remember growing up that we seemed to always be working on one of Dad's projects. This feels pretty much like that. The only things missing are mom making snacks and brining drinks (but Angie is more than making up for that!) and Chip holding up a ladder or holding down the floor cracking jokes (just kidding Chip!). Every once in a while I think that these guys are all set for a few hours so I could go work on something else. But then I think, they are only here for a little longer, I'd rather do what they are doing. So this morning I have blisters on my hands and cement under my fingernails. And I'm really happy.
Nick- sitting outside our local "home depot" waiting for the parts we "ordered" to arrive. 
Contemplating the deeper thing of life like why my generator won't power the fridge.  
Mixing cement
This job seemed like a ploy to lay down in the shade for a while. 

No comments: