Saturday, November 13, 2010

Itinerary

My dad and brothers arrive in Uganda in 5 days and I have nearly finished their itinerary. I've put much planning and thought into this trip and while I want them to see the best of Uganda, I am very pragmatic so I want them to have a realistic picture of life here, not just tourist attractions. Here is a glimpse of what their next few weeks may entail.
For starters, when they arrive in the country we will need to spend a night in the capital city. I've stumbled on this little place to stay.
Sorry the picture is a little blurry, it says Ghetto Rest Inn- Bed, Breakfast and Fully Stocked Bar. Nice huh?
While we are in Kampla we will check out some of the wildlife.


For sure this place. Smiles Guaranteed! It's right there on the sign.
Of course, we won't waste much time inKampala and will quickly head out to Soroti.



There is much work to be done and my family likes to work. I have several jobs planned for them.
There are always tree roots that need to removed from the pipes of the septic system.
But most work in Uganda seems kind of like this.
Or this.
So it won't be all work.
I'll take them out to do some shopping for some souvenirs to bring home.
And we will have to go out to eat at nice, little places like this.
Clearly we will have to eat at this place more than once because we can get African food, Uganda food and Stake food.
But eating out all the time can get expensive so I'll be doing quite a bit of cooking for them. However, don't worry- they will still get local dishes because I buy local, fresh ingredients.







I'm going to stop here though as I don't want to give away too many of the suprises and take away all of the adventure of the trip. So you will just have to ask the guys when they come back about it. And if this tempted you just say the word and I'll plan a very special trip for you too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The packing has begun. For reals this time. Like my stuff is finally here. benj has been packed since september and dad 2 sundays ago but i just threw some stuff in a bag this afternoon cause apparently we need to weigh it? whatever now i dont have anything to wear to work but im over it. Also when do i get to start ruining your blog cause that seems like fun?

dia said...

Wow Jennifer... I'm impressed with your ability to market Uganda. Love this post! Ever thought about adding tourism to the ministry? =) It would help the country.
Enjoy your time w/the family!