Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

 What a fun day. The team all got together, ate too much food and played a bunch of games. I’m very proud to say that the turkey turned out great. Dad and I got up at 5:30am to stuff the bird and squeeze it in the oven. But it was totally worth it. On top of the fact that it was my first turkey it was also the first time I’ve made stuffing and I was afraid with my limited resources here it wouldn’t be so good, but mom sent the necessary seasoning and it tasted just like home. 

 A little "American Football". Angie with the catch and Mandy with the tackle. We have a great team.

Even here- Indians and Pilgrims
 Just to add to Nick’s account I need to back up a little. Early last week I “ordered” a turkey from a local guy who promised he could get me one for 35,000/= (about $18). On Sunday at church I paid him for it. And but Tuesday night I was getting just a little frantic that I still had not seen it and now the guy wasn’t picking up his phone. I started asking all of my neighbors if they knew where I could buy a turkey. But, Wednesday around noon he arrived at my house in the back of a pickup truck. Though the price increased 10,000/=.  Within an hour the brothers had it ready for stuffing (with a little help from some local experts who seemed a little better at killing things than us). I’m now having neighbors that I’ve never met before come to the door trying to sell me turkeys. Here are a few step by step pictures. Some are just a little graphic though….


2 comments:

dia said...

Salivating! Great job on the turkey! Maybe you can come next Thxgiving w/a turkey =) Enjoyed the pictures.

Kathleen said...

Thanks for posting the turkey pictures! I'm glad you had some help to get the turkey ready for cooking. I'm counting all of my many blessings and you are definately among them Jennifer! Nick put it very well, the amazing example you give of living your life as the Lord's servant. :) Enjoy the rest of the time you have with your family!