Saturday, November 27, 2010

Working

It was pointed out to me that almost all of my pictures are of Nick working (though the one of the guys under the car is technically Ben and Dad but you really can't tell) so here are a few more pictures to show the other two really have done some work.

Benj made lemonaid.

Dad read the directions
Small additional note about the lemonaid- I was in the market about a week ago asking for lemons. I bought about all that were there because fresh squeezed lemonaid is so great here after a hot day of work. There are not usually very many lemons in market because so few Ugandans eat them but they grow well here. Somehow word spread that I was purchasing and the following day a guy came to my gate with a huge burlap sack on his bicycle full of lemons. I bought 2,000/= shillings worth from him. ($1). Now we will be having fresh lemonaid every day. And lemon bars. And marinade with lemons. And pretty much anything else that calls for anything of the citrus nature. All for $1.

3 comments:

chiperific said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chiperific said...

Here's my systematic thoughts about 2/3rds of my family being in Uganda:

1. Yep. I made a bad decision not going along. Student loan repayment? NOT worth it.

2. Izaac said "hi" to me when I went to mom's house the other day. Not an accidental noise of some kind. A deliberate, precious, joyously crippling, slightly squeaky "hi!"

3. Despite Dad's great concern, mom has NOT forgotten to feed the chickens.

4. Ben, I may owe you about 2 bags of smoking wood, but our turkey was delicious.

5. It snowed like 5 inches today in Grand Rapids. It didn’t snow at all in Uganda. I made a bad choice.

6. Dad, mom says if you really wanted to convince her to go back to Africa, you needed to leave out 90% of your description.

7. Nick bleeding on the floor: you can take the boy to a new continent, but he’s still the same boy.

8. Ben, Don and I didn’t really fix your furnace. We just acted like we were in Best Buy and sort of hesitantly touched a few important looking things. May want to check and make sure you’re paid up on your fire insurance.

9. George W. Bush is coming to Grand Rapids again tomorrow. I could have been in Uganda.

dia said...

Nice! Can you send me some lemons? please! We don't have =(