Monday, November 15, 2010

Shoes

 The kids at Remembrance Church collected a big pile of clogs and sandals. Don and Marybeth brought a bunch of them and I had the privilege of handing a few of them out in the village today. These kids were so excited and I loved giving them something that was new and fresh and just for them. These kids laughed and sang. That part made it a wonderful afternoon.


Opio sang his thanks. I wish you all could have heard him.  
Only one not excited about her shoes. I think she became more excited about them as soon as I left. She didn't really trust me.


I left 4 pair, one for their mother and 3 for the brothers at school. They put them inside the hut and arranged them nicely so it would be a good surprise when they got back.  
A HUGE THANK YOU!!!

*just a side note: the little guy on the far right on the very top picture is nearly blind and it was really sweet to watch
all of this brothers help him get his new shoes on the right feet.

1 comment:

hah said...

What a great post! Love that they were singing and dancing! -Holly