Friday, November 19, 2010

My Dad, Benj and Nick are here!

So their first full day in the country… it went well I think. Benj and I went for a walk in the acid rain of Kampala this morning to get breakfast for the group. We were pulled over on our way to Soroti and the officer asked for a bribe. And we had pancakes with mango syrup on them for supper tonight. Overall, a good day. We traveled without difficulty the 6+ hours from Kampala to my house. They all look pretty tired tonight and I’m sure between the travel and jet lag they are ready to call it a day. Tomorrow I’ll let them sleep in. Then Nick asked me to show him where the Home Depot is and we will start to figure out which projects they want to take on.


I’m loving having them here (although I suspect that Nick is looking for a way to get arrested so he has a good story to tell) and I’m sure these three weeks are going to fly by.

1 comment:

dia said...

=)
Enjoy!