Sunday, November 21, 2010

Turkey day

I have to keep reminding myself that it is fall. It seems so strange to be thinking about Thanksgiving as the days keep getting hotter and drier.  But the holiday is nearly here and I’m determined to make a good turkey and enjoy the day. I can buy turkey here but let’s just say it won’t be frozen, it won’t have a sticker on it telling me how many pounds it is and it won’t have one of those little popup timers that tells you when it is done. As a matter of fact it will have the feathers still on and most likely will still be clucking Wednesday night. I don’t own a roasting pan and I’m afraid my oven is both too little and that it can’t maintain 450 degrees for 4 hours (Even though it is already usually 100 degrees in the kitchen without the oven on).  But these are all minor challenges to overcome. Dad brought with him poultry seasoning so the stuffing will be good and as long as the friends and family are near the day is going to be wonderful.  I’m glad my dad and brothers are going to be here (but mom, you might want to have a small back up meal planned when they get home with a little turkey and some of the other fixings…) and most of the team is planning on being around to play some football and eat together all afternoon.  I have so much to be thankful for and this is going to be another fun story to tell... 

No comments: