Saturday, July 9, 2011

Its a war out there.

 I'm about to be deployed, headed to the front lines next week.  I used to get irritated by war analogies that Christians use. That is, until the battle became real for me. There are two sides and we really are fighting over people. There are casualties, ambushes, and counterattacks.  So I've embraced this description.  Jesus used it. The apostle Paul used it. And it is true. We are at war. Whether we like it or not. And if you are really a Christian you are enlisted or drafted but either way we need to fight. Eph 6: 10 tells us we will all be taking a stand against the enemy and we had better be ready. These analogies are in my mind this week because I’m about to be deployed and I’m trying to get ready. Next week we are headed out to set up an outpost in Karamoja. They enemy won’t like it because he thinks Karamoja is his territory. But he is misinformed and we’re out to take it back. We acknowledge that we will have to battle for it and engage evil.
 God desires the people of Karamoja to know Him with a fierce and fiery passion that no one and nothing had better get in the way of. They are in bondage that He is going to set them free from. He hates the way they are slaves to sin that He has already defeated. So He is sending us to tell them. That makes us soldiers. And we know that we will be conquers. More than conquerors as a matter of fact. (Romans 8:37). God is setting us up for success. He has already promised. So I want to be prepared.  
Thats it. Seems like a strange place to end.  These thoughts have been running through my mind for the past several days, they find their way into my prayer even though I don't really know exactly how to pray. I'm still processing and will be for a few more years I think. This is one of those posts that maybe I shouldn't put out quite yet but I'm going to anyway. 


No comments: