Saturday, July 30, 2011

Another burial of a child. If any of my Ugandan friends are reading this will you please invite me to some other social gatherings!? I've been to 9 burials already and I need some other things like a wedding or two to balance it out!

Dorothy  and the first post about her

This was a discouraging funeral. I thought Dorothy was doing so well and I hadn't heard anything in a while. But she was taken out to the village and it turns out she was really sick. She was only started on ARV's two weeks ago and by then it was far too late. The little body I saw today was horribly malnourished and neglected and  just made me want to cry.  I feel like I really let her down and the whole situation makes me sick and  I guess I can't even write about this yet....

2 comments:

Jim and Margaret Guzzaldo said...

Sorry, friend. I'm praying for you. Margaret

Dusty/333 said...

Don't know how you didn't:(