Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Anyone around Soroti looking for a sweet little pet?

I have no idea why I'm such a sucker for cats. I love all animals but cats are possibly my favorite. A few neighbor kids and I heard a dog fight going on outside  my gate and upon investigating we found a kitten clinging to a tree inches above a pack of jumping dogs. There isn't a doubt in  my mind that these dogs would have literally torn the kitten to shreds. As a matter of fact, as hyped up as the dogs were I suspect that this little one's mother or siblings.... but I don't want to think about that. 
I'm estimating he is about 5 weeks old. He is still a very messy eater so I'm thinking that he is just now weening. (I'm pretty sure he is a he but I've been wrong once before and when they are this young...) He can't stay here though because  I think if Beckie comes back and finds another cat I'll find that we're both thrown out!

How can you say no to this face?!
He is the sweetest little thing ever! He loves being held and he is in the process of being house broken right now. He has a few cuts on his face from the dogs but they will heal. He is really playful but pretty uncoordinated- lots of fun! I've given him meds and a bath. No ticks or worms. He is looking for a good home- Jillian? Sherry? Andrea? There has to be someone who wants him!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess ill take it sister. Put it in a box throw some food in and punch a couple holes and ship it home.

Jennifer said...

Not on your life Nick. I still remember that you thought it was hilarious to trap my cat in a clothes basket and leave her there for hours....