Friday, March 18, 2011

Enjoying being home

So, I was planning to head to Karamoja yesterday. It was kind of a let down when I got a phone call that there were some issues in the peace villages and it would be better if I not go right now. But, as I like being in one place for more than a day a half, I got over the let down quickly and it is refreshing to be home in Soroti. Because the rains have started I planted all sorts of things in the garden, mucked out the chicken coop and did other fun projects. Betty came over after school and did some addition flash cards.  She tries so hard but...                      "4+5=?"
"8?"
"Nope 9"
5+5=?
"10!"
"Good!"
"5+6=?"
"8?"
"Nope"
Betty and I feel about the same way when it comes to math. 
Today, I'm running low grade temps and feeling like I was hit by a cement truck so doing mostly nothing except catching up on e-mails. Really, this is a pretty useless post except to say I'm not really doing anything. Thanks for checking though.

1 comment:

Kelly Elizabeth said...

Hope you are feeling better! -Kelly Dickey