Thursday, March 24, 2011

I love how God uses things I’ve learned in the past. For example I was involved in camp in the summer for so many years I’ve lost count. (17?) Some afternoons in Soroti I feel like I’m at camp again. 20 kids (occasionally more) in the yard, I find myself using many of the skills and things I learned while doing camp. My experiences in NICU, fundraising in high School, struggles in Burkina Faso, so many of these events in my past- I see the lessons that I learned and now I see myself applying them. Some of those experiences, at the time, I couldn’t help but wonder a why. Then I open a new chapter and see how God has used what I was learning in the previous chapters.
So that makes me look at  life now. What am I learning at this time that I’ll be applying down the road?  I spend an awful lot of time hanging out with veterinary doctors and eating rats. How do you think this will play out in later life chapters?

2 comments:

Heidi said...

uhohhh that could be trouble :-P But it's so true... amazing to see how He brings things back and uses them for His glory at another time!

Anonymous said...

I have been feeling much the same lately! It really makes me think about how we are work in the Master's hands, continuously being molded and shaped for the purpose He's got for us next!