Monday, March 14, 2011

Oh Nairobi, to think, just a few days ago I was so impressed with this city. It is still in a third world country. We are sitting in a little restaurant after having serious difficulties finding a bus that is going into Uganda in the near future (the next few hours) We need to hit the border to clear immigration before 7pm. And we are about 8 long hours from there. Then Heidi and Val will hurry on to Kampala then Entebbe to get Heidi to the airport in time for her flight home and I’ll try to find a means to return to Soroti. However, that breaks one of the team rules of traveling after dark.  But what is worse, staying in a city I’m not familiar with or trying to push on home?  Right now I have a few calls out into the “missionary network” looking for possibly a private hire I could take safely or another missionary who has a place I can crash on the floor for the night in either Busia or Mbale.….

No comments: