Thursday, March 17, 2011

Update

Quick update:

  • I got a visa for 3 more months!!! We had to go through immigration 4 times (out of Uganda, into Kenya, then back out of Kenya and back into Uganda) and though I wasn't really fearful that getting out would be a problem, I did anticipate some hassles. And I really expected to have some difficulties getting back into Uganda. But all 4 times Dr. Val just walked in with our passports (Heidi's too) and while we stayed out of sight, she got the stamps that we needed. This makes very little sense to me as one would think I would be less likely to get the paperwork that is needed if I'm not there but both God and Uganda work in mysterious ways and I'm all set for a few more months.
  • We are traveling out to Nakayot (the peace village) later today! We'll spend at least one night there, probably more. It's going to be great to make some plans for the future, meet people and of course spend more quality time with Dr. Val! :-)
  • The triathlon is 10 days away. I'm looking forward to it with some serious trepidation!  I was able to get in 3 good swim workouts while in Mombasa but that brings me to a grand total of 7 swims. Crazyness. The running should be fine but the bike is "in the shop" as I type... my will is current. 

No comments: