Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Headed to Kenya!

I'm sitting in Mbale, waiting for my travel companions and the next bus at a restaurant called “Wimpy Hotel”. (Can’t make this stuff up.) They have power and a place to sit so I’m going to try to catch up. This trip will be with Dr. Val and Heidi before Heidi leaves to head home to the states. The timing was necessary for me to be leaving Uganda anyway and I jumped at the chance to travel with them. The evening/night bus will take us to Nairobi where we will spend part of the day and then get the night train from there putting us in Mombasa by Thursday morning. We plan to spend a few days enjoying the beach and relaxing before heading back into Uganda.  I’m looking forward to planning more with Val about the work in Nakayot (the peace village), swimming in preparation for the tri, hanging out with Heidi and her friend Danielle and just being on one of the most amazing beaches God made. 


No comments: