Wednesday, March 9, 2011

In Kenya

Sitting in Nairobi right now. Feels like I’m not even in Africa. Tall, well-kept buildings, nice food, internet cafes.  We are just waiting for the night train to continue on to Mombasa. Travel up to this point was uneventful by Ugandan standards. Around 11 pm we hit a police check and the whole bus emptied. We stood outside, in the bus’ headlights in quiet, single file lines men and women.  They searched the bus, then patted us down and checked everyone’s travel papers. Then we all got back on. We stopped to change a flat tire around 2 am and arrived around 5:30am. I had no trouble at all in immigration (Dr Val took all of our papers up to the counter and Heidi and I stood where we couldn’t be seen while she talked nicely to the folks.) Piece of cake. Thanks everyone for praying! On the 13th I'll cross back into Uganda. I would love to get a 6 month visa at that time.  It will be asking for a miracle. For now I'll  just enjoy hanging out!  

No comments: