Saturday, March 12, 2011

dinner?

Oh where to begin… this has not like any vacation I’ve ever taken. But, by now I’ve traveled with Dr. Val enough that it shouldn’t surprise me! J It is hotter by far than Soroti so at least home will feel cooler when I get back. We are staying in a classy resort but living in the dorms, on the budget plan with a 15% discount because Val is amazing when interacting with Ugandans. The up/down side of the budget plan is that it doesn’t come with meals. And we don’t like doing the tourist thing. So we’ve befriended some beach combers who sold us some fish, an octopus, a coconut, and a chicken and then built a fire and killed, cleaned then roasted it all for us last night for supper.
I have so many other stories but internet isn’t great… I promise more in the near future with lots of pictures.
One more time I’d like to ask you to pray. God has richly blessed us up to this point in so many ways.  Tomorrow we travel again- back into Uganda. Please pray for generous immigration agents. Also it has been so restful to be on vacation but I feel like I’m not spending the time with God that I should. He has so much in store for the near future and I need to be drawing close but I allow myself to get distracted. I’m reminded over and over again it is about relationship with Him. It isn’t about what I do or my plans for the future or about how I ask or about being good enough or about anything else except getting to know Him and allowing Him to work in my heart. But that takes time and if I’m not setting aside time to be with Him then I’m not being faithful to what I’ve been called to.
Thanks again so much for praying for me! 

No comments: