Tuesday, September 21, 2010

changing abx again....

Ahhhhhhhh!!! Just when I think I'm getting the frustration under control! Just 12 hours ago Angie and I were brave enough to say aloud maybe we could be back in Soroti by friday. Quick post:

Bone scan scheduled for this morning. Angie and I came in a little later than usual because this test takes several hours and we didn't expect Tim back to his room until late morning. Tim called us at the guest house to tell us that the doctors came around early and are concerned about elevated LFT's (liver enzymes) which are most likely rising due to the antibiotics. That explains why he has been increasingly nauseated and sicker since sunday.

When we arrived here I bullied today's nurse into letting me see the labs- renal function is also off but he didn't let me see anything else. We are really unsure of what the plan is (Tim isn't back to his room so we haven't seen him yet), which meds we will be changing too, what this means for the longer run and if we will just wait and watch (what I'm expecting) or if we will be a little more aggressive with hydration for his kidneys (what I'd like). I just don't know what to do. I'd like to talk with his physician in the states again but as it is 4am there that seems like a bad idea. I'm making enough enemies here I don't need to do it there also.

Anyway, we were reminded again this morning about how real, tangible and concrete spiritual warfare can be and I'm feeling convicted that we need to be more aggressive in standing against it. But what does that even mean? Back to praying for wisdom....

1 comment:

Jill Riter said...

http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/devotions/daily.light/?date=2010-09-23

a link to a compilation of verses that may help to guide you as you seek wisdom from the Lord