Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Cancel that consult...

I had finally asked for some help about this sore on my foot...hence the last blog post.  Sunday, late evening, our team was fasting and praying for Karamoja and Beckie felt led to pray for my foot.  By the time we were done praying the pain was gone. By the next morning the redness, swelling and drainage was gone and mid-day it was mostly health pink scar tissue. Now it is just a little scab on the top of my foot.  In my western mind I was quick to say, oh the abx finally kicked it, or something but I have to just shake my head. Cellulitis from nasty and hot to gone in 7 hours because of abx that haven't worked for the past 5 days? This was an amazing gift from God. Thank you Lord for your healing!  He is amazing and I know that He did this miracle to remind me of His power and ability.
And even as I write this it is 1am and I'm wide awake and worried. I have a really sick team mate but no IV fluids, no IV abx, no hospital within hours and I don't know what to do. I hate this feeling. I follow doctors orders well but I don't like writing them myself. But decisions had to be made.  I feel so helpless and anxious. BUT WAIT, didn't God just remind me He is amazing?! It was like He was just waiting for me to ask Him for his help about this foot. So here I am, unable to sleep, sitting at my desk worrying.... ummmm, doesn't line up.  Lord, we are asking for another miracle tonight. Please show your power! I know that you are the great healer and we need you to do this thing because there is nothing I can do to help. I place this in your hands. Amen

1 comment:

Life 102 said...

kragt-
I'm glad your foot is healed... sounded nasty and troublesome (from a medical perspective... sounded like some IV abx might have been in order).
Praying for your team member's healing!
jenn