Thursday, September 23, 2010

Waiting for the entorage to round.....

Update time....


Tim seems to be doing much better in most ways. He has a crutch that he uses to get around and seems in better spirits. (Well, is demanding to leave better spirits?) However his liver enzymes are still high enough to make me concerned and his kidney function isn't normal but values are trending down. No fevers in a few days and his blood pressure is within normal range (at least I think. They always tell us it is above 70 diastolic but they aren't very good at taking it. And hypertensive seems ridiculous so I'm not fighting them about it.) So, we are expecting to be discharged today!!

Maybe it is just because we have been back and forth and up and down so much but I'm not as excited about this as I'd like to be. I'm really afraid that we are under medicating a still septic joint and that in two weeks he'll be sick again. I'd also really like us to be in a place where we can still get good lab results for follow up but as soon as we head back to Uganda that just isn't a possibility. So, I think at this point we go and trust God.

No comments: