Sunday, September 19, 2010

Quiet sunday afternoon

I have several other things that I should be working on but my mind is tired and scattered so I'll use the need for an update as an excuse. So where are we at? Sunday afternoon, just hanging out in Tim's hospital room. I'm not sure I've ever seen Tim this discouraged. I'm pretty sure he won't like that I wrote that and he is possibly the single harderst to read patient I've ever had so I could be wrong but I'm sure he's pretty disheartened and sick of this. I know you are all praying for his healing but I really believe we need to be praying for his mental well being also. I personally would have lost it days ago with all of this up and down and back and forth but he is still hanging in there and I'm impressed.


Today we took him out of the hospital to church with some friends this morning and initially the knee didn't seem too bad. But he got really pale during the service and said he was nauseated (I would have given anything to have a BP cuff- I'm sure he was low) and then after church he was back to being unable to bear weight at all and looked very tired. We are just waiting for a bone scan tomorrow that will hopefully give us some answers..... Oh, and I continue to harass the nurses and we are still receiving shoddy care. I lost it with today's nurse when I was questioning his levaquin dose and she told me she just gave the second half of yesterday's dose (out of an already spiked IV piggyback?!!?) I also found out his other antibiotic is scheduled at 6am and 6pm. I don't think he has gotten a morning dose before 9 and he tells us they wake him up to give the night dose. Great. Don't worry those schedules are just suggestions. It makes me want to be out of this african culture so badly.

No comments: