Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My blog as a ministry tool?

It has been brought to my attention that my readership has shifted slightly. Last year I had about 4,000 hits. Last month I had more than 2,500. Tim and Mandy, I blame this on you. Anyway, regardless of who's fault it is, it has challenged me to censor what I write. Don't worry though. It has only challenged me to do it. I still have not started actually censoring. I still tend to write exactly what is on my mind. And post the majority of it.
But that being said I know that some of you newer readers don't know me. Often what I write is what I'm struggling with and from time to time I heap on the sarcasm. Journaling has, for a long time, been my medium to process, to understand what God is teaching me and unfortunately, mostly to vent. Occasionally life here can be stressful and well, I'm not always proud of what is going on in my head but I want to be honest and when I go back and read what I've written over time, if nothing else it reminds me that I'm far from having it all together.

So, I commit to remaining honest, at least in this forum. I want to continue to share what I'm struggling with disregarding what people may think of me. I know we all struggle with stuff and I hope that as I share God can use it.
One other thing, if you have questions after reading anything please just ask. I would rather answer questions than have something misunderstood. I continue to pray that God uses this blog as a ministry tool, maybe more so now that I have readers who don't know me. God, take it and use it as you will. Amen

2 comments:

chiperific said...

I think your readership have gone up for that very reason. There is a depth of honesty and vulnerability in your writing.

I think if you begin to sterilize what you write, you will create unwanted consequences.

Think of the people praying for you and allow us to pray with knowledge about what is actually going on.

Think about all of us who are afraid to be vulnerable (even with our families) and what you are showing us about how honesty and openness can bring light and truth.

If you start to censor, I'll stop reading.
And if you drop the sarcasm, I won't have fun things to forward around the office.

Kathleen said...

Your blog is perfect just the way it is, like Chip said. To have such a good friend live so far away is not very fun. But your blog makes the distance almost disappear. :) Thank you for sharing so much of yourself with all of your readers. It's like your way of giving someone back here a hug without having to actually hug someone. So keep it up!